Want to know more? In this section you can find out more about …
Geoconservation: What are Local Geodiversity Sites and Scotland’s Local Geoconservation Groups.
Geoparks: information about the three Scottish Geoparks, and links to their websites.
Publications: links to further information about books on Scottish geology.
Teachers’ Page & Activity Packs: activities for different age groups, and link to organisations and other websites that can help with classroom activities.
- Ask-a-geologist events during Geoweek 9-17 May 2020
- At the Water’s Edge – tetrapod exhibition at Elgin Museum
- New “Highlands Controversy” Geotour for 2020 from the North West Highlands UNESCO Global Geopark
- Recognising Scotland’s Geological Heritage: Introducing the “Scottish Geology Trust”
- Search for Scotland’s 1.2-billion-year-old meteorite impact crater
- Save Charles Lyell’s notebooks
- History of Geology Group in Edinburgh 11-12 July 2019
- Lochaber Geopark – Geotours 2019
- Geoweek – Active Geoscience 4-12 May 2019
- Meteorite impact layer on the island of Skye